Beaumaris Cottage near Anglesey Coast Path
- Beaumaris - perhaps the prettiest town in North Wales - is just a mile away and the Anglesey Coast Path is a 10 minute walk from this delightful little holiday cottage.
- The cosy interior has an inglenook fireplace, a wood burning stove in the sitting room and a galley style kitchen/diner.
- The main bedroom has an en-suite shower room and the 2nd bedroom has a double size bunk bed with a single bunk above. There is a small enclosed rear decked courtyard bordered by shrubs with garden furniture.
- Beaumaris, on the beautiful Menai Strait, is an ancient town with a romantic castle, an elegant high street lined with Georgian houses and stylish independent shops. Enjoy a stroll along the Victorian pier from where there are stunning views of the magnificent Strait and the Snowdonia Massif.
Anglesey Coastal Path
- The whole of the 125 mile coastline is 'An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty' with a variety of terrain from farmland, coastal heath, cliffs and small pockets of woodland.
- From the Path join an interesting walk through Afon Lleiniog Woodland - a circular trail passing the restored Aberlleiniog Castle. This woodland is a haven for wildlife amongst its large mixture of trees alive with birdsong and a natural habitat for breeding birds such as song thrush and blackbirds.
Llanddona & Family Friendly Beaches
- The wide expanse of sand at Llanddona Beach is only a short drive away - take a leisurely walk from here to Penmon Point with its ancient church, priory, lighthouse and beach. There are family friendly beaches at Benllech, Dulas and Lligwy.
Beaumaris & Eating Out
- Beaumaris has lots of good cafes and restaurants. Renowned amongst these is the Olde Bulle's Head - once a coaching inn - is set on the high street and has a stylish modern brasserie as well as a fine dining restaurant.
- Cennin Butchers/Restaurant, opposite the Olde Bulle's Head, is also highly recommended with the meat used sold in the shop and used in the restaurant sourced from the owner's farm.
- There is a Waitrose Supermarket in Menai Bridge and Stafford House on the main street is a superb delicatessen/café - meals cooked and delivered to order are available from here.
- Further up the west coast at Rhoscolyn is the White Eagle - enjoy eating gorgeous food out on the balcony on summer evenings as well as live bands to listen to at weekends!
Llanddwyn Island, Newborough Warren
- On the atmospheric west coast, at the far end of a beach near Newborough Warren - part of the Newborough Warren Nature Reserve - Llanddwyn Island is not quite an island and stays connected to the mainland except for the highest of tides. It is a magical place with fabulous views of Snowdonia, an ideal for picnic spot during fine weather and an exhilarating place for exploration when the winter winds blow!
Plas Newydd (NT)
- This beautifully positioned Manor House at the edge of the Menai Strait is home to the Marquis of Anglesey - spectacular interiors and murals by the famous artist Rex Whistler. Enjoy acres of grounds with woodland walks and an adventure playground.
- Boats leave from here to sail along Strait and under the 2 magnificent bridges that join the island to the mainland - a truly memorable trip.
Holiday cottage near Beaumaris
a holiday at any time of the year in this cosy holiday cottage near to pretty Beaumaris and
the Anglesey Coastal Path.