Victorian Welsh country cottage close to Cardigan Bay Coast one dog welcome
- This charming roomy Victorian country cottage (sleeps 6), once home to the village headmaster, is now an inviting home for holidays near Cardigan Bay West Wales. One well behaved dog is welcome.
- Furnished with a mixture of antique and modern pieces, this Welsh country cottage lies in the beautiful valley of the river Ceri just outside the scattered village of Rhydlewis. Sleeps 6.
- From most rooms there are views of the lovely surrounding countryside and the River Ceri is just a field away.
- The original Victorian range (not in use!) is in an inglenook in the kitchen and the comfortable sitting room has a multi-fuel burning stove – lovely and warm on cooler days. One well behaved dog welcome.
- Rhydlewis has a Post Office (open 9.30 - 12) and general store combined. The store is open every day 8-5 except Sunday and closes Wednesdays at 2 and Saturdays at 1.30. More comprehensive amenities can be found in Aberporth or Cardigan about 12 miles away
Cardigan Bay Marine Heritage Coast near Welsh country cottage (sleeps 6)
- The Cardigan Bay Marine Heritage Coast (unsurpassed in the whole of the United Kingdom) and the Ceredigion Coast Path with its fabulous beaches, seaside villages, hidden coves and wonderful coastal scenery is a short drive away
Penbryn, Llangranog & Coastal Walks
- Penbryn is a beautiful mile long stretch of golden sands divided by the shallow River Hoffnant and is reached either by the lane or a shady path through the wooded Cwm Lladron, carpeted with wood anenomies in the Spring.
- There is an abundance of sea and bird life, seals, dolphins, paradise for bird watchers and great fishing too.
- A coastal walk from Penbryn takes you along some of the most magnificent stretches of the Cardigan Bay coast past Morfa Cove and to the coastal village of Llangrannog near which is a 9 hole golf course at Pentregat.
- The heart of Cardiganshire has beautiful rolling countryside peppered with small unchanging market towns, and rivers famous for sewin and salmon fishing. All close to Welsh country cottage.
Cenarth & Newcastle Emlyn
- Cenarth is a pretty little village on the River Teifi renowned for its falls where the spectacle of salmon leaping in the autumn is not to be missed.
- The National Coracle Museum in Cenarth explores the history of the ancient coracle with a display of coracles – there are also a couple of pubs, tea room/restaurant and a paint-balling centre here too.
Rhydlewis Trout Farm & Smokery
- Buy delicious smoked trout, salmon, bacon, ham or cheese from the shop at the trout farm. If you prefer the hands on approach catch your own trout in one of the 3 lakes and have it smoked and sliced for you to take home.
Coracles Health & Country Club, Cenarth
- Pay as you go excellent Spa facilities including heated pool, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi and fitness suite. Complete your visit with a drink and a meal in the licensed restaurant bar.
- Newcastle Emlyn is a gem of a small market town with individual shops, pubs, an antique centre and tea rooms to enjoy.
Cardigan Bay Marine Heritage Coast close to Welsh country cottage (sleeps 6)
- Enjoy a memorable holiday at any time of the year in this cosy traditional Victorian country cottage set amongst beautiful Cardiganshire countryside and close to the Cardigan Marine Heritage Coast, Aberporth, Llangrannog & Tresaith beaches in Wales. One well behaved dog is welcome. Ty'r Ysgol sleeps 6.