The pretty Mid Wales village of Llandinam sits on the banks of the Severn River between Newtown and Llanidloes. The village hall is the hub of village events including the annual village show and monthly film club, as well as hosting regular coffee mornings.
St Llonio's Church on an ancient hilltop site overlooking the village is open to the public daily all year round. The Lion Hotel, once a coaching inn, enjoys a riverside location. Delicious lunches and evening meals are prepared by the award-winning chef using excellent, local, and seasonal produce whenever possible.
The village shop is both a convenience store and a Post Office. Fishing permits can be bought here. The bridge from the main road over towards Broneirion was the first cast iron bridge constructed in Powys, designed by Thomas Penson and built by Davies 1846. It spans 90 feet (27.5 m). At the east end of the bridge, there is a statue of David Davies.
A regular bus service connects with Shrewsbury and trains from Caersws, three miles away, go to the coast at Aberystwyth.